WWJD (Introduction)

 

John 15:4-10 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

Christians are exhorted to abide in Christ. Why? Because abiding in Christ is the mark of an authentic Christian. In fact, when you’re not in Christ (guided by the Holy Spirit) you are under the spirit of the anti-Christ. Why? Because there is no neutral ground.

Allow me to share it this way; Genesis 6:1-4 - And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

This passage proves that we are all born into sin. Why? Because we are pro-created with the fallen – and if we fail to rise with Jesus (by abiding in Him) we will be condemned alongside with Satan and his angels (devils).

Think of this; when you watch a video of someone working out, you feel motivated to workout. When you hear a motivational message, you feel inspired. When you see someone with a new car, you want a new car; when you see a beautiful – finely furnished home, you want one for yourself.

To go further, when you are around depressed people – you feel depressed. When you are around anxious people – you feel anxious....

It is so easy to ‘pick-up the spirit of others’. Jesus knew this – that is why he exhorts us to Abide in Him – because when we abide in Him, we are not prone to pick-up on the toxic spirit of others.

Isa 55:6-7  Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Next in this Study -Abiding in Christ - Part 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delivered Me

Where Is God?

WWJD - Part 2