Dying Without Knowing Jesus

 


Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

What comes of those who die and did not have a relationship with the Lord? The modern church has this misconception that they go straight to hell.
That is untrue.
When we leave this world, we will all stand before God.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

We will be judged for those things that we have done: both the things that pleased God, as well as those things that did not...

I know many Christians that are careless about their actions; I myself is one of them.
2 Peter 2:21 says, "For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them."

The good news is, God will have us take full accountability for those things we left undone.
No not one will be able to claim ignorance when it's their turn to stand before the Lord; there is a difference between knowing better - and doing better.

This verse in Hebrews means that God built it into our DNA to "know better", and by reading His Word, we learn how to 'do better'.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

I find so many non-Christians to be better at being a Christian than Christians! Perhaps this is why God is harder on Christians than non-Christians.

On Wednesday December 7th , I prayed the 23rd Psalm over my mother in law. Then I prayed "Into your hands I commit her spirit". Little did I know that as I did, she was passing at that moment.

Either way, we can rest assured that we have a loving and just God who knows our sorrows and our weaknesses.
Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Even though Romans 5:6 says that Jesus died for the ungodly, we should not use it as a license to sin, but to do that which God requires of us. (Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.)

So in the end, who is really saved?

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

I believe this verse answered that question perfectly!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delivered Me

Where Is God?

WWJD - Part 2